Mechanical Engineering/ Piping & Pressure Vessels
CASTI Guide To ASME 31.3 Process Piping:
The Fourth Edition of the the CASTI Guidebook to ASME B31.3 - Process Piping covers the new 2004 ASME
B31.3 code book that was released in June 2005. This edition of ASME B31.3 contains many significant technical changes which include:
- new weld joint strength reduction factors based on consideration of creep effects
- alternative allowable stress for occasional loading of components at elevated temperatures
- newly revised stress range factors, f, for flexibility/fatigue analysis with specific limitations
- the addition of alternative rules for flexibility analysis (Appendix P)
- the addition of piping stress analysis examples (Appendix S)
- changes to the rules limiting ovalization for pipe bends under certain conditions
- thermoplastics permitted in above ground flammable fluid service under specific conditions and limitations
- new specific design requirements for expansion joint hardware (Appendix X)
- new example added to Appendix V dealing with method for assessing the effect of short term variations at elevated temperatures
- new Code Interpretation covering the issues of repair and replacement
- new Code Interpretation covering flexibility analysis temperature
This newly updated Guidebook describes new additions and revisions to the Code rules while offering insight into the reasoning behind these changes in the Code. It provides comprehensive coverage of B31.3 Code requirements for design, analysis, fabrication, assembly, errection, inspection, examination, and testing of process piping. The detailed information on Code requirements provides clarity, even to the experienced Code user. The Guidebook also includes coverage of piping and pressure vessel code history, ASME B31.3 scope, piping fundamentals, failure modes, failure causes, supplementary information that the ASME B31.3 code does not specifically address. It offers a unique insight into the technologies associated with ASME code design, fabrication, materials, testing, and examination of process piping.
The Guidebook is filled with many practical example calculations for piping design and analysis in both US customary and Metric units.
The intent of this Guidebook is to provide the users of ASME B31.3 with a better understanding of the ASME B31.3 Code. It is written by piping code experts with long time ASME B31.3 code committee and international engineering experience. Going far beyond the literary words of the Code, the authors of this Guidebook explain specific Code paragraphs and related ASME Code Interpretations to provide guidance where a close study of the Code, on its own, may not produce a clear conclusion.
CASTI Guidebook to ASME Section II, B31.1 & B31.3 - Materials Index:
This CASTI Guidebook efficiently organizes the important materials data used in ASME code design and construction of boilers and pressure vessels.
- Coverage of ASME Section II Parts A and B materials
- Detailed outline of the materials covered in B31.1 and B31.3 piping codes and much more.
- The Ultimate primer for anyone dealing with Code materials
The Guidebook provides assistance in understanding broader aspects of the code, as well as focusing on the location of materials requirements and guidance within the various code sections. It is intended to be the ultimate primer for anyone dealing with code materials issues, benefiting everyone from the "novice" to the "veteran." It is written by a long-serving ASME II code committee member, Richard Moen.
CASTI Guidebook to ASME Section IX - Welding Qualifications:
This guidebook covers the new 2004 edition of the Section IX Code and reflects some very important changes to the Section IX Code.
- Filled with practical examples, used to explain ASME IX Code rules
- ASME IX Interpretations explained
- How to prepare and review WPS, PQR, WPQ
Guidebook is filled with practical examples, used to explain ASME IX code rules so that code users can walk their way through welding procedure qualification requirements. It also contains the finer details of welding procedure specifications to provide clarity, even to the experienced code user. This CASTI
Guidebook goes far beyond the literary words of the code by explaining specific code paragraphs and related ASME code interpretations, where even a close study of the code on its own may not produce a clear conclusion. It is written by the long serving ASME Section IX code committee members, Michael Houle and Richard McGuire.
CASTI Guidebook to ASME Section VIII Div.1 - Pressure Vessels:
This guidebook covers the new 2004 edition of the ASME Section VIII Div. 1 Code and reflects some of its very important changes.
- New heat exchanger rules
- Covers the ASME code design, fabrication, materials, inspection and testing of pressure vessels
- Over 35 practical example problems and solutions
Guidebook is filled with practical examples, used to explain the ASME Section VIII Div. 1 code rules so that code users can walk their way through pressure vessel design calculations, material data, fabrication (welding), NDE inspection and testing. It also contains the finer details of code requirements for pressure vessels to provide clarity, even to the experienced code user. The CASTI
Guidebook goes far beyond the literary words of the code by explaining specific code paragraphs and related ASME code interpretations, where even a close study of the code on its own may not produce a clear conclusion. It is written by the former ASME Section VIII Design committee chairman, Will Carter, and long time code user, Bruce Ball. Both are professional engineers with over 60 years of combined experience with pressure vessels and the ASME codes.
Marks' Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers, 11th Edition:
Solve any mechanical engineering problem quickly and easily with the world's leading engineering handbook
Nearly 1800 pages of mechanical engineering facts, figures, standards, and practices, 2000 illustrations, and 900 tables clarifying important mathematical and engineering principle, and the collective wisdom of 160 experts help you answer any analytical, design, and application question you will ever have.
If you have any further queries concerning this software, please drop us a note and we will get back to you as soon as possible.